Using the guide image on the left match the number to the area concerning your body measurement.
1. Head: Wrap the tape gently around the head, half an inch above the ears to measure the circumference. Make sure the tape lies half way when going round the back of your head, where the skull protrudes. Measuring in inches will give you your hat size. eg. 22″=Size 22 hat
2. Upper arm: Find the widest part of your arm. Wrap the tape around and measure from front to back.
3. Chest: Position one end of the tape under your armpit. Wrap it around the fullest part of your bust, continue under the opposite arm pit, over your back until you reach the start point. For Bra fittings an additional measurement is needed under the bust. See here.
4. Waist: Wrap the tape around your waist starting above your belly button but below your rib cage. Relax when taking this measurement to avoid an inaccurate result.
5. Hips: Position the tape on one hip and wrap the tape around the largest part of your buttocks, taking care to be accurate. Continue around to the other hip, and back to where you started.
6. Thigh: Wrap the tape measure around the biggest part of your thigh from front to back and then around to the front.
7. Inseam: Measure the distance from the uppermost inner part of your thigh to the bottom of your ankle. Having someone helping you will give more accurate results. You will also need to consider the height of any shoes you may be wearing.
8. Sleeve length: Bend your elbow and place your hand on your waist. Place the tape in the middle of the back of your neck then measure across to your shoulder, continuing down your arm to your elbow, and finish at your wrist.
Incoming search terms:
- how to take body measurements woman